I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Some of it has been luck, some of it has been through hard work…some of it is just life. Regardless, here are some things I am thankful for this year.
1. Meg joining our Res Life family…her perkiness and fun make our office a happy place!
2. CC Spin classes…she kicks my butt and I am so excited I might get to return the favor when I get my certification in December!
3. New babies! Baby Tate, Baby Zaunick, Baby Rader and Baby Shappell make me so happy!
4. Weekends with Kevin, Kels and the kids…we had some awesome ones this year and I look forward to many more!
5. The #1billionrising campaign and all the beautiful activism that came out of it.
6. V-Day, V-Week, Vag Mons….will always be a highlight of my year.
7. Discovering the wonderful thing that is Apple Pie Moonshine…
8. NASPA/TPE in Orlando!
9. Telling a story in the College Story Slam!
10. Having dinner with these beautiful ladies at the PICA banquet:
11. Then going to Rock the Dot and having fun in the photo booth with awesome colleagues:
12. Doing the Getting Muddy for Kids 5K with these amazing women:
13. An incredibly successful Spring Give ‘n Go!
14. Watching my brother graduate from the Police Academy
15. A new apartment with a much bigger kitchen!
16. Getting our own washer and dryer!
17. Spending time with my niece and nephew this summer…I savor every moment with them.
18. Seeing Barenaked Ladies, Ben Folds Five and Guster live!
19. New Spin bikes on campus!
20. My ARC planner…I have no idea how I functioned without it before.
21. TEC Alumni Day
22. Discovering the games Castle Panic and Munchkin!
23. Actually taking the day off for my birthday and going to the beach.
24. My unbelievable staff…they are my reasons:
25. Victor coming to Conn…his enthusiasm and dedication has been a wonderful addition to our OSL community!
26. Dad’s surgery going off without a hitch!
27. My Women’s Center staff….they have blown the lid off what we are doing this year and I am so, so, so, so proud of them!
28. Meeting Kate Bornstein!
29. A kickass Camelympics with REAL Quidditch goals and a surprise appearance by Hadley that evening.
30. The V-Men video…incredible:
31. Three years with my amazing husband…it just keeps getting better and better. 🙂
32. Running the Penguin 5K for the 3rd time and finishing strong!
33. Weekends with Ash, Liz and Sarah
34. Meeting amazing new colleagues at NWSA…I really, really enjoyed my time in Cincinnati!
35. Seeing Maya Angelou at the symphony!
36. Seeing Skyler in her off-Broadway debut!
38. My parents…who support me no matter what!
39. My loyal siblings…we hold each other accountable, but damn do we love each other.
40. My husband’s family…who have accepted me quirks and all!
41. A work family that makes going to work fun!
42. Having a job/healthcare/a car/disposable income….getting to buy presents for the family is not a perk everyone has.
43. And finally…to be on the edge of what could be a big change….and feeling confident enough to step forward if that is where God takes me.