Mmmm….I love granola…especially mixed in with my yogurt in the morning. But granola in box can be expensive and way high in fat. I found a recipe for Slow Roasted Coconut Cranberry Granola and modified it to fit what I had in my cabinets.
Cranberry Coconut Granola
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup pepitas or other squash seeds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I left mine a bit chunky)
1 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to lowest setting. Mine is 250 so my slow roasting happens a lot faster.
2. Mix all dry ingredients except cranberries together.
3. Combine honey and olive oil in microwave safe cup, then microwave in 30 second increments until combined and smooth.
4. Pour over dry ingredients and stir well to coat.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats, then spread out in single layer.
6. Roast in oven until granola feels dry to the touch…this can be 2 hours (my oven) or up to 8 hours (ovens with a lot lower temps!).
7. After granola has cooled, mix in cranberries, then store in airtight containers.
I usually use about a 1/4 cup in my yogurt in the morning and it comes to 2 Points+ for WW.