Hello! Sorry for the hiatus…the past week has been freakin’ insane. But I love it that way, so I really shouldn’t complain. Here are a few of my favorite things from this week.
1. Women’s Center: We had our open house on Wednesday! My student coordinators are so wonderfully enthusiastic and so excited about the year. Jocelyn and I are planning a book club night around “The Help” and people are really interested in it. I think we’re going to get a good mix of students who absolutely loved the book and students who were offended by it. And I’m looking forward to that. It will make for some interesting discussion and hopefully bring people back for more.
2. REF: Residential Education Fellows program. We had our Progressive Dinner on Thursday night and it was WILDLY successful. We had so many people come to the appetizers portion that we ran out of food and we had people lined up for the entree before the professors got there. All of the faculty were impressed and happy with how the event went, so I was giving a big sigh of relief at the end of the night.
3. New Rules of Lifting for Women: I officially started the program last Tuesday. I was nervous as hell to go to the gym and actually use a piece of weight equipment that was not just a free weight, but I did it! Including prone jackknifes in front of the whole gym. (Go look them up, you will understand why this is a big deal.) Tonight was my 3rd workout and I felt even more comfortable with it. I actually added weight to the squat bar (20 pounds) and don’t feel like I can’t walk up a flight of stairs, which is great! I’m looking forward to getting stronger.
4. Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale: I don’t know how I have missed this deliciousness for the past 2 years, but I will be buying cases all Fall.
It’s coming home with me next weekend. I have a feeling my sister and I are going to fight over it.
5. Borders: I hate that it is going out of business because I love bookstores. But I need a new bookshelf just because of all the books we have bought on clearance. I bought 4 more today for 15 bucks. I’m sure if I went back tomorrow I would find even more that I want. It is getting dangerous for my banking account.
I have some not so favorite things to write about tomorrow (changes to the 30 before 30 list), but I will be saving them so I can write a little more in depth about them. Until then!