To be honest, I’m not terrified of turning 30. I’m actually looking forward it (maybe I’ll start getting carded less!) and I’m looking forward to celebrating 3 decades on this planet with my nearest and dearest next summer. But, there is that fear that I have spent the past 29 years just wading through. And you’re only young once. I will certainly not be the first person to do a 30 before 30 list. In fact, I stole the idea from my friend. She is in the midst of her 30 before 30 list and it looked like a lot of fun, so I decided to give it a try. I’m also stealing the 365 day photo project from her because I’m hoping it will get me back to taking more pictures! I was making a poster for the Women’s Center and had to scrounge to find photos without me in them, haha. So without further ado, here is my list with some mini explanations if I think they’re needed. They will be in a window on the side of the blog and I will cross them off as I finish them and blog about each experience!
1. Lose 30 pounds (Seriously, I’ve been working on this for a long time…I need to get on the ball.)
2. Bake a souffle that does not collapse!
3. Run five 5Ks (One of these will be with D so she can cross hers off her list!)
4. Travel outside the United States
5. Spend an entire day hiking (not just a 3 mile out and back!)
6. Try sushi.
7. Play 9 holes of golf.
8. Build a piece of furniture.
9. Apply for a job outside of my “safe” states. (This means outside of of PA, VA, MD, NY, CT, MA, RI, DC, NJ)
10. Finish a short story.
11. Volunteer at WCSECT. (Already took the first step towards this!)
12. Make dinner for an entire week without Matt helping.
13. Finish the Game of Thrones series.
14. Incorporate lap swimming into my workout routine.
15. Write in the blog at least once a week.
16. Personally fundraise $100 for V-Day 2012.
17. Learn to drive stick shift.
18. Take a yoga class.
19. Explore Boston
20. Bake homemade bread once a month-with yeast, no quick breads!
21. Go one month without eating out for dinner (including Harris!)
22. Plan a surprise date for Matt.
23. Go vegetarian for a week.
24. Scan and digitize all of the print photos we have.
25. Go kayaking.
26. Visit a new state.
27. Sew a gift for someone.
28. Learn to knit.
29. Participate in the 365 day photo project starting and ending on my birthday.
30. Finalize the baby timeline. (Yes, I know babies are hard to plan, but I can try!)
That’s it! I’m looking forward to sharing this journey with you!